*thinks for 10 minutes what to say* Well! I have officially started my blog again. If anyone is actually reading this, I would first like to ask why. Why are you here reading this?! Go do something! This is boring! But if you're gonna stay, then put your no-judgment cap on and prepare to read about my life.
Today I was sitting in my room just thinking about deep, kind of odd things (as usual) and I thought about how my life has great potential to be perfect. I have the perfect setting for a great story. A big house, a happy family, a great job, a nice neighborhood, sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. Still it feels so empty sometimes. Like there's something missing, and I'm pretty sure I know what it is. Friends. Now, I know I have friends, but most of them aren't with me. Most of them live where half of my heart is, in Louisiana. After the trip down at Christmas time and the trip down for mexico in April, I don't feel nearly as homesick anymore. I think it's because I know those people will always be there for me, in person or not. But here's the thing, it doesn't matter how much you love someone, you can't hug over a Skype call. You can't go get food, or hangout, or go for a drive, or snuggle and watch a movie on the couch if you're not really with that person. *watches YouTube for 10 minutes* I have a few friends here, but wouldn't say they're "bona fide" yet. In my experience, it takes a good friend at least a year to become legit. Anyways, I guess I'm just sitting here waiting for some time to pass! In the meantime I'll be going back to my "perfect" life, waiting for something to happen. I've realized this time in my life is filled with waiting.
That did feel good to type out... even if no one reads it. Now onto geometry class. Yay for second-to-last class online! Hopefully actually going to school next year will be better. Is it future Claire?
No comments:
Post a Comment